Our neighborhood was created from land purchased from John Kline in the early 1920’s by the Methodist Church. In 1923 the church offered lots for sale from the original 240 acres purchased. This is what became the Epworth Forest neighborhood of today.
Individual churches and ministers built most of the first homes. Many of these church “homes” were actually summer bunkhouses for the church camp attendees. Over time, many others came to love Epworth Forest, and the bunkhouses were transformed into privately owned lake cottages.
Check out our "New Resident Package" history section for lots more including pictures!